A 28mm English force based around the English army who fought at Formigny in 1450

Monday 28 December 2020

Henry Norbury's Command

The final commander I needed to build was Henry Norbury. He was the commander of the garrison of the Norman town of Vire and led this force to support the English army at Formigny, where he was taken prisoner. 

Norbury himself was built with a standard torso and head from the foot knights set but with arms from the Agincourt mounted Knights box. I like this combination as it creates a fairly dynamic pose. I attempted to do the bull's head heraldry on his surcoat, though I think it possibly looks a bit more like a goat.. his armour also looks a little bit dark to me but I think this is largely because of the black surcoat.

I've also included two men at arms in slightly earlier/transitional armour. The first, at the front, is made up of a French Agincourt infantry body with a great bascinet visor, and arms from the foot knights box. 

The other, at the back, is an Agincourt man at arms modified with green stuff. I've turned his one part cuirass into a two part one and added some tassets.

Next up I'm planning on doing some archers but using the bows from the Agincourt frame. These look much larger and more accurate than the ones from the WOTR frame. Bit of a labour of love but after seeing Charlie's thread on the Lead Adventure forum where he's done the same thing I'm convinced it's worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment