A 28mm English force based around the English army who fought at Formigny in 1450

Tuesday 9 March 2021

More Longbowmen

My latest addition to my force is another unit of archers. Think I pretty much covered everything on them in my last post really. The only thing of note is the standard bearer I put together with parts from various kits, including a couple of hand swaps. The banner itself is removable once again to potentially enable the unit to be used in a WOTR setting.


I also incorporated a few heads from the Agincourt box. I figure around 1450 that, much like the men at arms, not everyone would be wearing the newest styles of armour and there would be a few hand me downs knocking about. For example a bascinet is still recorded in the Bridport muster roll of 1457 (only one mind you).

Here's a shot of progress so far, not much to show for however many years this project's been running, though I did have a long break..

I'm working on a foot men at arms unit next but God knows when I'll finish it; we have a baby due at the end of the month so I'll probably be quite busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment